Purpose of Role
The key function of this role is to ensure the building, facility and grounds at LeisureWorld are maintained to a high standard at all times.
LeisureWorld is an Irish owned company founded in 1997 with the purpose of operating and managing local authority leisure centres throughout Cork City.
We operate three leisure centres at Bishopstown, Churchfield, Douglas, one golf course at Mahon and one arts & heritage visitor centre at St Peter’s Church in Cork City. We provide fully equipped gyms, excellent pool facilities, fitness studios and all weather pitches. Our golf facility is located in a picturesque location with exceptional putting greens. St Peters Church dates back to the 12th century and now serves as a multidisciplinary arts centre on one of the city’s oldest building on the city’s most historic streets. Our centres are the perfect place for a family day out; to keep fit; to meet new friends; or just to relax and unwind. We aim to make a positive impact on individuals, the communities in which they live and the city as a whole.
- Family Membership for you and your families
- Reduced golf fees at Mahon Golf Course
- 50% Discount on Kids Camps – when applicable
- 50% Discount on Kids Swimming Lessons
- Pitch Bookings are Free off Peak / Free Peak if not in use by Customer
- Birthday Parties #10 children €50 / # 10 plus €100 - To be booked with Snr Manger of your site due to our limited availability resource wise. - when applicable
- Career promotions – opportunities to be promoted within the company
- Development courses to aid career progression
- Save money with our cycle to work scheme and plan for your future with access to the companies PRSA Pension scheme
- Health & Wellness Policy
- Multi-site & flexible work environment
- Free Parking
The Duties - Key Responsibilities:
· Adhere to the companies NOP (Normal Operating Procedures)/EAP Emergency Action Plan)
· Health & Safety Policy compliance
· Upkeep of all cleaning equipment and report any equipment defect to the Manager on duty.
· Proactively identify and report and potential hazards and incidents, to prevent any risks to customers and/or colleagues.
· Adhere to all facility policies, rules and regulations when on shift
· Responsible for the safe handling, transportation and storage of centre equipment
· Assist in the setting up and dismantling of equipment for different activities and events, when required
· Undertake daily cleaning tasks of the facility in order to maintain to a high standard of cleanliness throughout the building
· Complete checks & logs whilst carrying out duties
· You may be required to complete other departmental duties assigned to you as necessary
· Complete additional duties assigned by Management
· Demonstrate excellent customer service care skills at all times
· Dealing with customers in a friendly, polite and professional manner
· Adhere to the Culture and Values of LeisureWorld
· Participate and successfully complete regular in-house training sessions including manual handing, child protection, chemical awareness, equipment.
· You will be required to actively assist the Duty Manager in training and mentoring new employees
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience and competencies.
· Patience, empathy and a genuine desire to help others.
· The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Cleaning/Caretaker experience
· Adequate level of fitness
· Flexible with hours including days, evenings and weekends.
- The desire to contribute to a positive environment A shared sense of purpose and commitment to LeisureWorld’s values and evidence of demonstrating these values in practice.
The selection process may include short-listing of candidates and will be based on the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide a detailed and accurate account of where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements for the position.
ISSUED BY THE HR DEPARTMENT AT LW MANAGEMENT
Applicants must have the legal right to live and work in Ireland.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent